Options

Commerce Portal

DimosDimos Member Posts: 40
edited 2005-03-22 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi!

I am sending this topic because I need some help on Navision Commerce Portal.

I have recently tried to Install Commerce Portal and I encountered lots of problems.

First of all I would like to provide you with some information of the tools that I am using.

I am working on a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server in which I have activated the Internet Information Server and the
Microsoft Message Queing service.

Also in the same PC I have Install Microsoft Commerce Server 2002, SQL Server with the OLAP service.

Other programs which I have installed on the same server are:

Navision Application Server, Navision Server, Navision Client 3.70 and also the demo database Cronus International Ltd which
I have installed in both of Navision Server and SQL Server in order to use the synchronization process.

Also I have installed MSXML 3.0.

When I unpacked the pup files two Virtual directories were created on the IIS server, the Commerce Portal and the CommerceBizdesk.

I didn't have any problem with the CommerceBizDesk directory. I can see this application running without any particular problem.

Instead of that I could not managed to run the asp pages which are included in Commerce Portal directory.

Every time that I am trying to access the default.asp page from that directory I am getting the error: Page cannot be displayed

Another problem is that I didn't understand which database I have to use in order to force the synchronization process, the one that I have installed
on the SQL server or the other one that I have installed on the Navision server?

Until now I didn't see any progress trying to use the synchronization process. I have install Navision Application Server and I set up all the parameters needed. I am using the (NAME OF THE SERVER)-classic service.

Could you help me to resolve this problem?

Propably if you provide me with a step by step user guide will be a valuable help, if not please give me some good advice of how to process further this installation.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DimosDimos Member Posts: 40
    Dimos wrote:
    Hi!

I am sending this topic because I need some help on Navision Commerce Portal.

I have recently tried to Install Commerce Portal and I encountered lots of problems.

First of all I would like to provide you with some information of the tools that I am using.

I am working on a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server in which I have activated the Internet Information Server and the
    Microsoft Message Queing service.

Also in the same PC I have Install Microsoft Commerce Server 2002, SQL Server with the OLAP service.

Other programs which I have installed on the same server are:

Navision Application Server, Navision Server, Navision Client 3.70 and also the demo database Cronus International Ltd which
    I have installed in both of Navision Server and SQL Server in order to use the synchronization process.

Also I have installed MSXML 3.0.

When I unpacked the pup files two Virtual directories were created on the IIS server, the Commerce Portal and the CommerceBizdesk.

I didn't have any problem with the CommerceBizDesk directory. I can see this application running without any particular problem.

Instead of that I could not managed to run the asp pages which are included in Commerce Portal directory.

Every time that I am trying to access the default.asp page from that directory I am getting the error: Page cannot be displayed

Another problem is that I didn't understand which database I have to use in order to force the synchronization process, the one that I have installed
    on the SQL server or the other one that I have installed on the Navision server?

Until now I didn't see any progress trying to use the synchronization process. I have install Navision Application Server and I set up all the parameters needed. I am using the (NAME OF THE SERVER)-classic service.

Could you help me to resolve this problem?

Propably if you provide me with a step by step user guide will be a valuable help, if not please give me some good advice of how to process further this installation.

Thank you!

Finally I managed to set up commerce portal without any problems, so ignore this post...!!!

Thank you!