Error with NAV2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)

elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
edited 2010-01-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Until now I have installed NAV2009 on Windows XP and Windows Vista without any problems.
On a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) NAV 2009 must be installed with SQL 2008 Express. It's a standalone PC with no connection to a server.
The following steps are processed:
1. SQL Server 2008 Express installed
2. SQL Server 2008 Express (SP1) installed
3. Started SQL Server Management Studio and checked if I can log in.
4. NAV 2009 (standard with option Development) installed

It is possible to start and work with the RTC.
When starting the classic client with SQL and trying to open the standard database the problems begin. When clicking the lookup of the database the following error occures: The extended stored procedure xp_ndo_enumusersids in the file xp_ndo.dll is not available (the original error message is in dutch).

The system extended stored procedures xp_ndo_enumusersids and xp_ndo_enumusergroups are shown in the SQL Server Manamgent Studio. I checked the following:
- The file xp_ndo.ddl was not in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Binn\
Copying the file from the product DVD to the directory did not solve the problem.
- The parameter DLL of the 2 extended stored procedures are empty.
Filling the parameter with the path to xp_ndo.dll did not solve the problem.
- Because it is 64 bit I tried the above with the file xp_ndo_64.dll but with no result.

Can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    when using 64bit SQL, you need to regiser the stored procedures manually. Just read the documentation or search the forum. All what you need is already there... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
    Thanks Kine for your answer.
    I will look at it.
  • elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
    Yep, it's working now.