Hiding and showing columns in pages

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
edited 2009-12-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I have a question about hiding and showing columns in page by checking the checkmark.
Is it ever possible to do so? :wink:

In classic(forms) it is possible to hide and show columns that way.
Its purpose is to easen the show and hide column process. If necessary the person can just check the checkmark and make some columns visible.

Any ideas appreciated,
Amaraa

Comments

• Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    I'm not sure I'm 100% sure about what you mean by chekmark in classic client. But the hide show column functionality is almost the same in classic client and RTC. In RTC you have a window with 2 list where you can move visable column between and also change order.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    "Peter wrote:
    "]I'm not sure I'm 100% sure about what you mean by chekmark in classic client. But the hide show column functionality is almost the same in classic client and RTC. In RTC you have a window with 2 list where you can move visable column between and also change order.
    yes I know.

As you know in RTC if you go to Budgets there is a checkmark changes the names of the columns.
    What I want to do is have a checkmark that hides and shows several columns.
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    On the form we could access to the field's property and could make it hide and show in this way.
    CurrForm."WHT Bus. Posting Group".VISIBLE(FALSE);

It doesn't work on pages, does it?

Simply can I hide or show a column by code?
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Yes you can hide fields using code. Take a look at http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=33236 for an example.

There are likely to be other posts about it as well

Ian
    Regards

Ian