Options

Can we use Business logics without using Nav Web Service?

Deepankar1982Deepankar1982 Member Posts: 38
edited 2009-11-16 in NAV Three Tier
Is there any other way to use Navision Business Logics without using "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services"?

With regards,
Deepankar

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    yes you can use NAS.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    1 NAS comes by default with the license but if you need multiple you need to have additional granules for it.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    Deepankar1982Deepankar1982 Member Posts: 38
    Can anyone tell me one thing if i want to buy a "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services" then does it has any no. of users restrictions ?
  • Options
    jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    We are using Business Web Services to integrate to our website. If this is what you are doing, then you first have to make sure your NAV SQL Server is licensed per CPU (quite expensive). Next there is the Web Service External Connector license which runs around $5000 (I think).

If you are doing something else (such as creating an .exe from .net to connect via web services) then the above is probably incorrect since there are also per user licenses for Web Services. I am not familiair with how that licensing works.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If your employees are accessing the WS, you need to buy DCO license for each named user. If external parties are accessing the WS, you can use the External connector or DCO licenses (if the external parties are countable).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Whether you are accessing/interacting business logic/data through WS or NAS or directly from SQL, the employees need to be access through DCO.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n