Upgrading Nav 2009 to Nav 2009 SP1

GetSmartGetSmart Member Posts: 17
edited 2009-11-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
Anybody upgraded Nav 2009 to Nav 2009 SP1?

My Client server details as below:-
-Window server 2008
-Sql server 2008
-Navision 2009

Please reply me ASAP. I need to upgrade by the end of this week. Please Help.
GetSmart

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    GetSmart wrote:
    yes, i think a lot of people upgraded from nav2009 to nav2009SP1!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • stevedivimaststevedivimast Member Posts: 39
    Did somebody noticed some performance problems using new report in Nav2009Sp1?
    And some new Report Page orientation problems too?
    i don't know about performance problems (but i don't think there are), but i do know that one developer of has have had problems in page orientation of an italian localized report (i don't remember the number, i have to ask him). This has not been solved, it seems impossible to solve it...unless the user defines manually to print it landscape from the "print..." menu.
    personal thought: i don't think orientation problem is due to service pack but bad layout design :whistle: (there's a very high body which exceeds the height of a landscape A4 paper)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    GetSmart wrote:

2009 SP1 has been out for more than 2 months now. There are plenty of people who have upgraded to it. What did you need help with?
    If you print (just Print, no Preview) a new report (I mean RDLC report) the client became slow. And it became slower any time you print a report.
    About page orientation: it's impossible to get a landscape report (users have to modify paper orientation any time).
    These problems aren't design problem. It worked fine in Nav2009 (no Sp1). And this is not on italian localized report, but on any report.
    landscape works!you just have to revert width and height on the rdlc design...
    about performance, i don't know
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • GetSmartGetSmart Member Posts: 17
    Hi All,

Actually this is my problem, I've installed Nav 2009 SP1 into the Client Server. Then i restore back up file(.fbk) from nav 2009(not SP1). after I've compiled all the object i'm getting error with many standard Objects. So what is actually the proper procedure to upgrade from nav 2009 to nav 2009 SP1.
    GetSmart
    can you provide us the list of the errors? (it appears after mass-compilation :thumbsup: ) maybe they're not version-depending...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
    I ran the database update from the installer and then installed the app tier and then the client.
    Then open the database in classic and you will get a meesage about upgrading the database, at least I did.
    I got an error but after that it opened the database and companies.
    After you upgrade the database you have to go to the Object Designer and for each group highlight all and then press F11. This updates all of the objects. You will get errors and issues otherwise, especially in the RTC.

I also had to have support edit my codeunit 1 which was giving me an error about printer setups when posting, etc.

But that was it.
    About Report orientation:
    I tried to revert width and height on the rdlc design, but i get always portrait orientation.
    I am printinf RDLC report using RTC client.
    I have an open request to Microsoft support for this problem.
    About performance: performance degradation after printing a RDLC report (print, NOT preview) is so remarkable that I'm surprise nobody noticed that. (I have open request to Microsoft support about this problem too...).
    But how many people is really using Nav2009 RTC interface in production databases? (I posted the some question in an Italian Navision Forum some months ago, but no answer).
    @stevedivimast: i just tried to print 10 times the same report (order confirm), without performance degradation.
    I printed it with bullzip pdf printer, without going through the preview. Maybe you have printer spool problems? :-k
    and well, i want also to say that landscape works!at least on my installation. which build no. is your nav?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    @belias
    My built is 6.0.29994.0
    This is not an official released build, but is a "temporary" fix built i get from Microsoft labs.
    My support request are still open and Microsoft people saying they are working around it.
    I used the same report in Nav2009 (no sp1) and everything worked fine il the last 10 months. (customer startuop was on 1 january 2009 using nav2009 RTC).
    Anyway, I'll post on this forum when microsoft will give me some other fix and upgrade.
    Thanks.