Job Queue Execution

alokagrawal1909alokagrawal1909 Member Posts: 19
edited 2009-11-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts

I want to know, weather the Jobs in a job queue are executed sequentially or parallelly.

For example If i schedule two codeunits to run on the same time in Job Queue. Will they Execute simultaneously or sequentially.

I know that i can try it and find out the answer, but its realy urgent.Please Help.

Thanks in Advance

Alok Agrawal

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Because NAS and classic client are single-threaded, they will be of course started sequentially. ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    If you use webservices and use the info in this blog, you can run the jobs in parallel.
    I have a customer in which we use this and it works fine (at least most of it. I run in some bugs like some things work fine on a client but not on webservices [and they are not commands that are known not to work in webservice]).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    What kind of errors?

I would like t know what they are. Thanks.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Regarding the first answer about that the execution is sequential: This is true, but if you start up more NAS's on the Job Queue, they will work in parallel.
    And by the way; it doesn't have to be the NAS: You can just start codeunit 448 directly on a client - you can insert a call to Codeunit 448 into the Menu Suite and thus enable a client to execute on the Job Queue.

Bardur Knudsen,
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV