Options

change order of promoted Actions in the RTC

dayscottdayscott Member Posts: 42
edited 2009-10-29 in NAV Three Tier
the order of promoted action in here http://uploadz.eu/images/sk85q86bicl5fjx8mf.png
does not affect the order of promoted actions in the RTC: 315aiomwbzqw7ex51sp.png

where can i define this order except in the profile or user meta data? (i don't need this for a particular customer but for a solution, based on NAV)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be the order in which the actions are defined on the Page? 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    dayscottdayscott Member Posts: 42
    sure but i dont want to change the page , because the next time the form is transformed, changes will be gone. ( thats how we want to handle things internally)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    than maybe you need to change the order on the form? :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    There is definitely still a lot left to be desired from the transformation tool. For things like this we are currently adding to the documentation trigger that the page has been manually changed, along with the changes, so that if it ever gets transformed again someone will (hopefully) notice.
  • Options
    dmytrkdmytrk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 10
    If you will not change these actions, then you could remove them in transformation input (see DeleteElements.xml) and then recreate them in desired order (see TransformPages.xml). So after each transformation they should be recreated in the same order. I’d never tried it, but I think it should work.
    But you should remember these changes in the future, since it will not be possible to remove/update these actions on a form and get it on page. :)

p.s.: Sure it’s some kind a hack, but…
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.