Options

How to add language module in NAV 2009 SP1?

shirleylylshirleylyl Member Posts: 9
edited 2009-10-29 in NAV Three Tier
I have installed NAV 2009 SP1 W1 version and installed a demo database for translation? I have tested the translation process in class client. I would like to have a test in RTC too, however I could not change the language module to Simplified Chinese. It just allows me to select English (US) only. I found some information from PartnerSource, it just mentioned lanuage module of NAV 2009 and did not have W1 modules. I guess that the SP1 modules must fix the multi-language problem. Any one can help me to solve the lanuage problem in RTC?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Options
    Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Have you downloaded a language module for NAV 2009 SP1 and installed it? If yes and you got classic client to work, then the problem could be:
    1. You have not installed RTC language module or Server language module
    2. You have not restarted Server after installation of language module

If you are talking about translating RTC your self, then you will have bigger problem. It's not possible yet in SP1.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
  • Options
    shirleylylshirleylyl Member Posts: 9
    Thanks a lot!

I have installed the language module of RTC and Classic Client. It should be work now. However...... I needed a Chinese language module. It did not have it. And I am trying to have a test to show Chinese in RTC, but it did not have language for selection.