Options

Date Format - October 19, 2009 vs. 10/19/2009

lgplgp Member Posts: 77
edited 2009-10-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!
I am modifying the AP check for a client running NAV 2009 RTC and have run into a strange date issue. I originally modified the check (just some little position changes) in the Cronus database and tested it - all looked good. Then I imported the check into the client's database, and noticed that the date was printing differently. I did not make any changes to the date field! In Cronus, the check prints with date: October 19, 2009. In the client's database, the check prints with date: 10/19/2009. The client would like the date to print as: October 19, 2009. I cannot find a setting for the date to print this way, and have spent a lot of time going through the code and haven't found anything there either. Has anyone else run into this and found a solution?
Thanks!
L. Paul
Leanne G. Paul
Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Probably a local setting on the computer for the default date format. You can also use the FORMAT function in Navision to change how things print, including dates.
  • Options
    lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Thanks for the reply. Another developer in our office figured this out - here's the resolution:

1.Old check program (V2.5 1401) used format no. 4 to manage the format of the date printed on the check.

CheckDateText := FORMAT("Posting Date",0,4); //Prints October 19, 2009 for date

2.New check program (10401) and now (50000) for NAV2009 uses the Check Translation Management program to format the date as specified on the Vendor Card Foreign trade tab. This means the date has been printing in the format of 10/19/09 since the client went live and there have been no complaints from the client

CheckDateText := ChkTransMgt.FormatDate("Posting Date",CheckDateFormat,DateSeparator,CheckLanguage,DateIndicator); //Prints 10/19/2009

3.The issue presented is: on the old version of the check the dates printed as October 19, 2009 and the new version it prints as 10/19/2009. When tested on the Classic 2009 cronus database it was printing with the words, which is where I did the initial change because I did not have a converted client database at the time I was bringing across the modifications. The reason it was ok was because of the setups on the Company Information and Vendor Cards for the Cronus database.

In order to get the Date to print with words instead of number the following setups should be completed:

Company Information Card needs values for the countries (fields: US Country/Region Code, Canada Country/Region Code).

Vendor Cards need Language, Bank Communication fields populated and blanks in the Check Date Format and Check Date Separator Fields.

Due to the setups above the logic path actually ends in Formatting the Date as is does in the program 1401, it uses logic in Report 10400-ChequeDate function to accomplish the date formatting based on the setups. If the vendor has the Check Date Format and Check Date Separator populated then the date will be formatted according to those specifications rather than the default format no. 4.
    Leanne G. Paul
    Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services