Options

Navision Slows down on Server

Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
This weekend we did a big restructuration of our Network. We replaced the former NT Domain by OpenLDAP.
Everything seems to work fine, except Navision. Swiching from one company to another takes now up to 30 seconds, other actions slow down too.
It's weird, as this happens only on a W2K-Server which was quite fast before. A secondary workstation -with a testsystem on it- works as fast as usual.
Additionally I can't connect to the server by using the management console, while the client still works without problems.
I think there is something wrong with the netbios name resolution (which shouldn't be, as we use TCP/IP as protocol). :?

Does anyone know a reason for this or a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GoofpodGoofpod Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a DNS issue to me. Are you running internal DNS in a W2K domain? DNS problems will cause slowness in general, but still allow apps and services to run across the LAN...
    :wink:
  • Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    The DNS-Server is a Linux machine. It is configured properly and it worked perfect before switching to LDAP. We encountered that the domain master browser is switching to different machines and there is a problem with the Windows servers to join the domain (while workstations run perfectly).
  • Options
    GoofpodGoofpod Member Posts: 2
    Hmmm... I would post this issue in the Microsoft newsgroups and wait- You'll lilely get a decent response within 24 hours. That's where I find the answers to my most difficult problems- even if it's a non-MS issue. If you're confident the DNS configuration is correct than it may be something else related to LDAP. Master Browser issues I wouldn't think would be directly related...? :-s