Options

Remote access to Webservice,bypass login prompt

snehanshusnehanshu Member Posts: 9
edited 2009-10-17 in NAV Three Tier
I have published a webservice that will be accessed remotely by ESB layer of Oracle. It's asking for User id / password. How to avoid / bypass that.

This is happneing too when when I am trying to invoke it locally in browser. It only stops if I put localhost instead of the ip address. which is not possible for remote invoking of the same.

Does anybody knows about the resolution?

- Snehanshu

Comments

• Options
    AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    What authentication is being used and how do you have the services installed?

Are you using NT Authority on the services or are you running the services using a dedicated service account?

It sounds like a setup issue if you are getting a prompt. It could be that you have not setup the SPN's correctly. When using Kerberos authentication it will request a Kerberos ticket from the Domain Controller, however if that fails it will default back to NTLM as a default and at this stage is likely to prompt you for a user name and password.

Have you installed the solution following the steps in the install help file as this is key and very important.

Also the SPN's can be very picky and there is a difference between setting up an SPN using an IP Address and an SPN using an alias name, such as the server name.

Please provide more detail on your configuration and install...