Options

Navision 4: Multiple Clients Open Locally

wladstaetterwladstaetter Member Posts: 3
How can you open on your local machine more Navision clients at same time,
as in previous versions the copy of the client folder in the program folder made it able.[/b]

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    If you're running SQL then you can simply start the client more than once and connect to the same database or even to other databases. If you run regular Navision, you need to make a copy of the client folder in your program files and start Navision from a shortcut to the newly copied fin.exe .
  • Options
    wladstaetterwladstaetter Member Posts: 3
    DenSter wrote:
    If you're running SQL then you can simply start the client more than once and connect to the same database or even to other databases. If you run regular Navision, you need to make a copy of the client folder in your program files and start Navision from a shortcut to the newly copied fin.exe .

This is just as it worked in the previous versions. Did, but not under ver4.00; at least it was not working for me.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Then you must not copy the right folder, because this works like a charm for me.

You don't even have to have Navision installed, you can just copy the entire "Disk1\Client\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\" folder and start fin.exe from there. Try that and let me know if that doesn't work.