Options

ProviderID Property

mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
edited 2009-10-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Have anyone faced that problem in SP1? The providerID property seems to be useless. In this topic
[ http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... pages.aspx ]
is explained how to link subpage to another subpage in navision2009, but in SP1 this doesn't work. Is this a bug, can I find some fixes, etc...

Thanx
-Mihail- [MCTS]

Answers

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    What do you mean?

I just tested it on my SP1 installation and it is working fine.

If you want I can send you the objects...
  • Options
    ok, you got my e-mail on PM

this is my situation (screenshot). I have subpage 50021 and i try to link another subpage but when i try to set the subformlinkview, i see the window on the screenshot. I think i am missing some page types maybe...
    scr.JPG 54.6K
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    Hi Mihail,

For example, look at page 43 Sales Invoice.
    There is factbox <Control1906127307> (linked with subpage) with Provider ID =56.
    The number 56 it is not ID of page or table. It is ID of line "SalesLines" from page 43 (you can see this ID when open Property Window for line in page designer). The ID of subform itself is 46.

So if you want to link your second subpage to first one you should put ID of line from page designer where your first subpage is defined.

PS. In Mark's example (he uses page 42) the ID of line "SalesLines" is 58 (the ID of subform itself is still 46).
    If you want to add second SubPage into page 42 you should set properties:
    *ProviderID = 58
    *PagePartID = 50021
    *SubFormLink = [your expression].

PPS
    The sequence of properties is confusing :(
  • Options
    thank you apanko, I got it solved. The ProviderID is the ID of the Subpage given in the main page, not the object ID. Thanx for help =D>
    -Mihail- [MCTS]