Options

Due Date passed, need the remaining amount

dyn45dyn45 Member Posts: 67
edited 2009-09-30 in Navision Attain
hi guys,

i need a hint how should I present the remaining amount, on report, that customer need to pay, after the Due Date?
Example:
The Due Date was 20.09.; amount to pay 100$. customer paid 80$. today is 30.09, and the customer is owning us 20$. I need that 20$ on my report... i can't figure this out

this report is not for only one customer, it is for all of them.
also I need to sort Balance (LCY) descending.

any hint please,
thanx

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The remaining amount that a customer owes on an invoice is stored in the customer ledger entry table.

The balance is the sum of the detailed customer ledger entries.

If you need help understanding on how everything links together, look at the code for Navigate. Usually it's just document number and posting date.
  • Options
    dyn45dyn45 Member Posts: 67
    matttrax wrote:
    The remaining amount that a customer owes on an invoice is stored in the customer ledger entry table.

The balance is the sum of the detailed customer ledger entries.

thank you for a reply.
    I know all of that, but I do not actually need complete "Remaining Amount", just amt that customer didn't paid after Due Date. That calculation makes me trouble...
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    This is not a simple calculation and there are several things to consider. I'll try and point you in the right direction.

First you'll need to look at all the customer ledger entries for a customer, filtered on Invoice. There is a due date on each entry.

Then look at the detailed customer ledger entries for that customer ledger entry. If there are applications made after the due date, then the sum of that amount was paid afterward.

Don't know if your specific problem needs to pull more information, but that should get you started.