Options

Web Services, .Net -> NAV2009, "TIME" issue

derrickderrick Member Posts: 86
edited 2009-09-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi, buddies, both my web application and NAV are running in the same physical machine, whenever I call the codeunit type of web services to insert/update a record time by using "TIME" syntax, the time wasn't correctly inserted. For instance, my server time was 8:00:00, it inserted 11:00:00. I had tried:

1. Change my physical machine timezone to match my NAV language version, I am running an Euro version of NAV2009.
-> :( time wasn't correctly inserted.
2. Set the CultureInfo of my .Net Application to match my NAV language version too.
-> :( time wasn't correctly inserted.
3. Execute the codeunit directly in the NAV without went through web services
-> perfect, no issue.

Please share me if you have any idea on this or any document on how should this works. Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I suppose that the time is taken and shifted by timezone of the NST - it means timezeone of the server have impact on it. Look at it...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Yes, kine, that was what I thought, but surprisingly even I changed the timezone as well as the .Net globalization setting, it ends up the same. It looks like the web services sticking to one standard timezone :-k
  • Options
    apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    Hi.
    Web Services Originating from Different Time Zones
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot determine the time zone of origin for a Web service. Therefore, all Web server communication should be in UTC. All business logic is executed with respect to UTC.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd983801.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks, apanko, you are so helpful :thumbsup:. This is interesting but no fun, we have to handle the conversion then.