Options

Navision Report Designer

mightyqmightyq Member Posts: 2
Hello all very new to Navision Attain, infact it is not in production as yet. I would like to know how i can add images, color and borders to my reports.

I figured out how to print the text, now i need to add company logo and stuff on the report.
God Bless!

Comments

• Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hmmm,

Logos are easy enough if you understand a bit of coding with C/AL as you can call the picture from company information.

Color - Cant do it in Navision Reports

Borders - can be done but are tricky if your trying to run down a whole page. reason for this is Navision works in sections and not whole page layouts. i.e.

lets say you have a sales order with 3 lines, and then assume that the report body section itself can handle 20 lines, the you have to create a repeating section that will print your vertical lines for the extra 17 lines.

My advice is keep it simple. Find other ways to make the report presentable. If you must have lines on your report try only going for horizonatal lines or boxes around things like addresses or total fields.
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    SorcererSorcerer Member Posts: 107
    1) Logos can be implemented by using a picture box.
    2) Colors for the fonts can be used by setting the property ForColor
    3) Borders can be set by using the shapes

Greetings
  • Options
    OliverTOliverT Member Posts: 37
    Sorcerer wrote:
    2) Colors for the fonts can be used by setting the property ForColor

ehm ... not really ... you can set the forecolor of a text ... but if you want to print it, it will be black (or probably gray). it won't be printed in the color you have set in the property! :wink:
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    ehm ... not really ... you can set the forecolor of a text ... but if you want to print it, it will be black (or probably gray). it won't be printed in the color you have set in the property!

Thats what I meant about no colors in reports :wink:
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Just a note..

Since you are new you will find the Search feature very useful. Since most of the questions you will come up with have already been asked and answered.
    mightyq

enjoy!
  • Options
    VinnielVinniel Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with creating a box around the lines.
    Was doing it the way described in the first reply, but now I'm wondering what Sorcerer means with 'Shapes' Because you can create a box while using shapes, but I can't figure out how to put the lines within the box.
    Perhaps someone knows?

Thanks in advance.