Problem to open a Report classic from RTC

gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
edited 2009-09-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi:
I'm working with a pc connected to a server, when i try to open a report from the RTC and the report isn't converted, the Nav Classic is openning but there is a ERROR, it says: IT DOESN'T FIND THE SERVER 'E.G: JKDSKSD'.

Do you know something about that?????

Thanks

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    Hi:
    I'm working with a pc connected to a server, when i try to open a report from the RTC and the report isn't converted, the Nav Classic is openning but there is a ERROR, it says: IT DOESN'T FIND THE SERVER 'E.G: JKDSKSD'.

Thanks

is that a new report created by you?

you need to transform that.
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    It's a report created by me.

But if the report isn't converted, RTC opens the classic and my report, but something is going wrong, because when is opening the classic there is an error.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    It's a report created by me.

But if the report isn't converted, RTC opens the classic and my report, but something is going wrong, because when is opening the classic there is an error.

can you show the code.

so that we can do something
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    What is the error message that you are getting?
    Export the report as text file and check if you get any data after

RDLDATA
    {

RDLDATA part refers to design for RTC report.
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    Hi:

Hi,
    To simplify transition to NAV2009, Microsoft allows you to skip creation of RDL for reports.
    When you try to run report without RDL from RTC, Classic Client starts and shows you report in previous approach.
    However Classic Client should be installed on this PC, and it should be able to connect to the server (SQL server).