Options

report quick preview

dsatriadsatria Member Posts: 80
Since number of reports can grow fast, it is hard to remember what this report does, what that one does and so on.
Sometimes user ask me (EDP/IT Staff) which report will suit his/her need and I must ask him/her to wait because I have to scroll down all reports available.
I wonder if there is a way we can add a control on the "Report selection form" which display a quick preview on selected report (perhaps a first print page only) so users can have an overview of certain report without having to select it, press preview and wait.

Regards,

David

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Prepare some HTML saved reports and you can quick open them through some button (if the report will be saved under report number...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    watungwatung Member Posts: 29
    Have you check PartnerSource? They have a collection of report snapshots in PDFs.
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... lereports/
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But for Great plains... :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    you could create a table with comment where you write information about report or create a blob field like attachment where insert the path of report example
  • Options
    watungwatung Member Posts: 29
    kine wrote:
    But for Great plains... :whistle:

Alas.. :mrgreen: Great Plains right. Well, at least you can get the idea: PrtScr the report previews, paste to PDF, publish to the world. 8-[ =P~
  • Options
    dsatriadsatria Member Posts: 80
    thank you, guys!

I'll see/try which one is the best solution