Options

Question / topic on Nav 4.0 Install/Config exam

Trevor_NorcrossTrevor_Norcross Member Posts: 29
Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out a question I saw on the Installation / Configuration exam... maybe you know this or it sounds familiar… it asked what the size was of a new SQL database by default for primary and secondary indexes (I may have mixed up some terms here, maybe the choices will help you figure out what I'm trying to recall)… the choices were a) 80gb primary / 120 gb secondary… b) 120 gb primary / 80 gb secondary… c) 40 gb primary / 160 gb secondary… d) 160 gb primary / 40 gb secondary. Do any of those # combos look familiar from anything?

Thanks in advance,
Trevor Norcross
SharePoint Implementation and Development
Network Administration
Mirifex Systems

Comments

• Options
    Tim81Tim81 Member Posts: 68
    What about taking a look at the docs on the Navision-CDs? There is a document named "Installation & System Management: Microsoft® Business Solutions–Navision® SQL Server Option".
    As a default, the size of the primary data file will be set at 40 MB or at the size of the primary data file in the model database, whichever is the greater. The size of the secondary data file will be set at 160 MB. The size of the transaction log file will be set at 50% of the sum of the primary and secondary data files.

I needed 2 mins to get this info.
  • Options
    Tim I appreciate your reply. All I have is the Installation/Configuration study materials in book form... nothing electronic on cd form yet. Thanks again!
    Trevor Norcross
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    Sorry, I assumed that you have at least a Navision CD. So if you need this files I can send them to you. But some of them are bigger than 1000 KB (The SQL doc has 1,400 KB for example.)
  • Options
    Vielen Dank... Ich werde einen CD jetzt bekommen.. wusste ich nicht dass es diese Information haette.

Hoffentlich werde ich naechses mal die Pruefung nicht verlassen :)
    Trevor Norcross
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    You speak german?? Nice! Is my english that bad? :D:D
  • Options
    No your english is fine, I just haven't had much of a chance to practice my German lately :)

Thanks again for your help.
    Trevor Norcross
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Vielen Dank... Ich werde einen CD jetzt bekommen.. wusste ich nicht dass es diese Information haette.

Hoffentlich werde ich naechses mal die Pruefung nicht verlassen :)

I think the google translator needs some work
    Thank you... I CD will not now get. knew I that it this information would have. Hopefully I am not left naechses times the examination
    :-s
  • Options
    Hey at least Tim and I understood (I hope) :-)
    Trevor Norcross
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    Tim - thanks again - I passed the exam on Friday afternoon.
    Trevor Norcross
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    Congratulations. You're welcome!
  • Options
    BarathkumarBarathkumar Member Posts: 3
    Hi friends,
    If anyone having pdf/material for Navision Inst/Config. get me details of it asap
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    When you create a Navision SQL database in 4.0, the sizes of the primary DATA file, which (not the Index file) defaults to 40 gb, and the secondary DATA file defaults to 160gb.

There is only 1 index file that Navision creates as a default, and I believe the size is 100mb.
    Ron
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hey,

I want to correct.. :-s
    it's not GB, but MB.

Primary data file, def: 40 MB
    Secondary data file, def: 160 MB
    and the size of transaction files will be set to 50% of the sum of the primary and secondary datafiles....
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Yes, I also made the same typo. But the numbers associated with mb instead of gb are what the create database setup defaults to.

Ron
    Ron