Options

Industry Template Solution for Navision 4.0?

LorenzoLorenzo Member Posts: 16
Has anyone tried using the industry template solution Microsoft has recently released?

I am stuck at a point and I can't figure out what to do. Basically, when I try to import the industry mapping sheet into Navision - I can't find the screen they show in the documentation. Do you need special permissions to access?

In the documentation it says to go under the setup checklist/functions/implementation. When I go under the setup checklist/functions I see a wizard but I don't see implementation.

This looks like a great idea if it works.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    I found the same problem. It seems we need few more objects, so we can do exactly the same as the documentation show us. Anyone can help ?
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    Yeah, very strange -- the objects required have been released only for v3.70B, not yet for v4.0.

I've heard a rumor that they may be scheduled for v4.0A service pack -- expected mid-2005.

I'm told that 'you can easily import the 3.70 objects into a 4.0 db...', but I usually get burned by the easy stuff, so I haven't tried it yet...
  • Options
    LorenzoLorenzo Member Posts: 16
    I found out the objects should be available this week for Navision 4.0. My only problem is I tried using 3.7B and was unable to find the implementation tab under the functions button.
  • Options
    harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
    I've been using the Wizard and Excel Q/A sheet to import the industry template for Wholesale in version 3.70B. I had one problem with the mappings... at some point they were using the wrong cells in the sheet... and I had a problem with the fact that the Dutch version of the sheets use Ja/Nee instead of Yes/No... but I changed that to 1/0 and then it worked fine....

The Excel mapping tool... (with one or two bugs in it) is great !

I also understood that they will be releasing a patch soon to also make this feature available for 4.0.
    CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands
    http://www.cane.nl
  • Options
    TaglotnTaglotn Member Posts: 4
    I have loaded the v4.0 templates into v4.0 and all works well except the mappings are giving me a "Could not invoke the member Name. The OLE control or Automation server returned an unknown error code" when I try to import the data. I am using Excel 2003 and one suggestion has been that the object is looking for an older version of Excel. Does that make sense? And if so, does anyone know of newer objects?
    I figured it out. I have a version 3.6 client running at virtually all times on my machine for our internal database. The problem I described above occured because I had two instances of Navision clients running. I am not sure whether the version difference between the two caused the problem, but I do know that this is also the case in trying to make the Outlook sychronization work as well.

Thanks for any time you spent reading my question and self-answer. ](*,)
    Where did you find the version 4.0 templates? I haven't seen them on partnersource.

Do you know why I wouldn't be able to see the option to import the excel worksheet?
  • Options
    delucadeluca Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone!

my problem is that I cant find the fob files (tables, forms and reports) necessary to import the excel file into navision anywhere? here is a list of the objects i would need
    I have navision 4.0 and 3.70B but the objects are not included?

Tables:
    TAB8600 Implementation status
    TAB8601 Mapping Header
    TAB8602 Mapping Lines
    TAB8603 Mapping Group

Forms:
    FOR8600 Implementation
    FOR8601 Mapping
    FOR8602 Mapping sub form
    FOR8603 Mapping list
    FOR8604 Mapping Object list
    FOR8605 Mapping Field list
    FOR8606 Mapping Group
    FOR8607 Implementation Status

New Reports:
    REP8600 Create vertical data
    REP8601 Create Master Mapping
    REP8602 Mapping Update

New Codeunits:
    COD8600 Implementation handle
    COD8601 Mapping handle
    COD8602 Master Mapping
    COD8603 Data Validation
    COD8604 Data Cleaning

thanks for your help
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    The 3.70 industry templates are in the 3.70B fob file, or you can download the demo 3.70B database and they are in there. I am using the US version.

I tried moving the 3.70 objects into my 4.0 demo database and tried to create a custom table export (I used customer as a test), and it would not export the data - only the template. I received an error "Cannot find file Customer.xls"
    Ron