Options

RTC Login Issue

aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
edited 2009-08-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,
i had installed Nav6. it works fine in classic version, but i could not open RTC version. The demo database was installed in server, i could not find NT Authority\NetworkService login with in that database. i thought the problem may be because of this login, so i took a backup of demo database and restored in sql server 'Servername\MSSMLBIZ', there i already had NT Authority\NetworkService login. i had also modified server name in the custom settings.config file

now i am getting two errors first time as "User ID and password are invalid.try again?" , but with same windows authentication works on classic nav.

second time when i tried to open RTC i got error was "You do not have permission to run the 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server' system. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed"...

i coud not find a solution for this... :-k please help me...
aav!o

Answers

• Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    RTC works with windows Login.
    Check the login is present in SQL.
    In SQL login is in 2 places.SQL login & Database login.
    Make a login in DB and synchronize.
    U r done.
    It should work fine
  • Options
    aliennav wrote:
    U r done.
    It should work fine

Login id is present in both places...and i could login to classic NAV with windows authentication...without sync ...could not have been able to login to classic verison with windows authen naa.... :?: :?:
    anyway i had synchronized again this time i didnt get the first error Thank You :thumbsup: ,

now RTC shows second error..."You do not have permission to run the 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server' system. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed"... :-k
    aav!o
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    aavio wrote:
    aliennav wrote:
    U r done.
    It should work fine

Login id is present in both places...and i could login to classic NAV with windows authentication...without sync ...could not have been able to login to classic verison with windows authen naa.... :?: :?:
    anyway i had synchronized again this time i didnt get the first error Thank You :thumbsup: ,

now RTC shows second error..."You do not have permission to run the 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server' system. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed"... :-k

What permissions are there to a login from which u r running RTC??

Is it SUPER??
  • Options
    i had solved the issue....issue came because our licence file was not saved in database... now i had checked the "save licence in database" option in Alter Database, Integration tab.

now RTC and Classic nav works fine \:D/

i found a similar issue posted in mibuso, but i didnt understand how he had solved it...

Thanks...
    aav!o