Options

C/ODBC Navision Connection with VB.NET

moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
Hi All, i'm doing a new project on VB.NET linking to navision database.So i was creating a datasource linke to Navision ODBC,when i did <test Connection> it give me first <test of connection is ok>,than i press next so it's now trying to retrieve tables it give this message <An error occured while retrieving the information from the database: Column 'TABLE_CAT' doest not belong to table tables.>then i put cancel than i try again it put this message <An error occured while retrieving the information from the database:
ERROR[S0000][Microsoft Business Solutions ApS][Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision ODBC Driver]ISAM Error
the driver doesn't support the version of ODBC Behavior that the application requested(see SLSetEnvAttr)>.please if anyone can help so urgent.thx alot
Best Regards
Mohamad Barada
Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
+961 70 912700

Comments

• Options
    jrlandeenjrlandeen Member Posts: 4
    As this is an older message I'm not sure if this is going to be of much use to you but here's what I know.

Older versions of the Navision ODBC Driver were not fully ODBC Compliant. I don't know all of the intricacies of the different levels of ODBC Compliance...but from what I have gathered the older versions were barely ODBC 1.0 compliant and many advanced SQL functions did not work.

I have not done any testing with the newest ODBC Driver (NODBC) that comes with Navision 4.00, however the documentation indicates that it is much more functional then previous versions.

Hope this helps.
    Jeff L.