Options

Outlook Integration : Deleting contacts in outlook

scOObscOOb Member Posts: 16
Hello,

I'm doing some testing on synchronizing outlook contacts/ToDo's/Tasks in Navision. It all works fine, but I have one little problem, which must be a setting, I think, but I can 't find it.

When I synchronize contacts, Navision seems to be the master, because when I delete one of the contacts in my Outlook-folder, the next time I synchronize, the contact is re-created in Outlook. Is there a switch somewhere, where I can turn this off ? So when I delete my contact in Outlook, the contact in Navision is also deleted at the next synchronization ? This works with tasks & ToDo's, so why not with contacts ?

Thanks for helping !

scOOb

Comments

• Options
    Dmitry_ChadaevDmitry_Chadaev Member Posts: 52
    Hi sc00b,

There is no way a Contact can be deleted in Navision from Outlook. I think it is by design (it is rather complicated thing - deleting Contacts in Navision - the system does not allow you to do that when you have to-dos, opportunities, campaigns etc assigned to it).

However it is possible not to synchronize some of the contacts from Outlook to Navision - just set Privat checkmark for them.

The story with to-dos is different - when a task or appointment is deleted in Outlook - Navision To-Do is cancelled - not deleted. You have to run a batch job called Delete Cancelled To-dos for that.

And of couse cancelled to-dos are not sunchronized with Outlook next time you run the Synchronize with Outlook batch job.

Have fun :)
    Best regards,
    Dmitry
  • Options
    scOObscOOb Member Posts: 16
    And Fun it is !

I think of giving them a status code in Navision, and making them invisible by filtering ..., and marking them as private, ...

Should work ... I think ... I'll figure out something

thx for the reply !