Add lines when ShowAsTree=True?

PizzamakaPizzamaka Member Posts: 11
edited 2009-07-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi.

I have found the nice new Property showAsTree on Pages. Now I couldn't find a way to add items to it. Is it possible somehow? Or do I need to write it in Code?

Thanks for any information.

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    How do you want to add Items...means which basis?
  • PizzamakaPizzamaka Member Posts: 11
    I would like to be able to add a TreeNode (when speaking in .Net).

Just klick on a node and say "new line". The ne item should be inserted right under the current node. Just like it's done in Windows Explorer when adding a folder...
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Pizzamaka wrote:
    I would like to be able to add a TreeNode (when speaking in .Net).

Just klick on a node and say "new line". The ne item should be inserted right under the current node. Just like it's done in Windows Explorer when adding a folder...

I am not a .Net guy.

still by seeing your requirement i feel you need to write code. :-k
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The tree view is not workins as in .net. It is just visual groupping of some lines together based on some velue in some field. YOu need to fill the field correctly automatically to have the record in correct "group".
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PizzamakaPizzamaka Member Posts: 11
    OK, I can see that this view is not intended to be edited inline and I will have to work around it. But I still think, that there is a bug.

I have a button which changes the Value of the indent-Column in order to move a node to a different subtree (and the other way around). When I try to do this, Navision exits with an error report...