Options

Permission In RTC

waynenlwaynenl Member Posts: 39
edited 2009-07-13 in NAV Three Tier
I set new role, and i see on classic, It only show all of forms that i permited.
But on RTC, it show all menu, however click to run some forms then it say "Not have permission".
Which ways could i hidden "not permission page"?

Comments

• Options
    nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
    Hi,

RTC only supports windows authentication. :( You can only control your users through assigning roles and permission in classic client but RTC role center will show all the menus , departments.

You can customize the page and remove the forms, reports for that user for which user doesnt have permission or you can explain to user and user can do it.

As its a problem with RTC and microsoft may release the new patch with the more secured version for RTC.

Hope i m correct and may help you. :?:

Regards
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    nav_126 wrote:
    Hi,

RTC only supports windows authentication. :( You can only control your users through assigning roles and permission in classic client but RTC role center will show all the menus , departments.

You can customize the page and remove the forms, reports for that user for which user doesnt have permission or you can explain to user and user can do it.

As its a problem with RTC and microsoft may release the new patch with the more secured version for RTC.

Hope i m correct and may help you. :?:

Regards
    Navision Developer
    Yes.you are right.

its really a problem that we cannot change menus and Departments.

Even some times we need to hide some menu's which is not possible in RTC.

hope that Microsot will look in to it. :thumbsup: