List part editability

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2009-07-05 in NAV Three Tier
Greetings -

I'm on the learning curve with NAV 2009 pages after many "classic" years. I have some new NAV-isms to learn. :D Anyway - on to my question...

I have a page that is a list part - i.e. show lines from a table similar to any document subform (autosplitkey, etc.). I use this page as a Part on two other "parent" pages for different purposes. From what I can see, the properties and settings are the same in both parent pages, but the subform (er...page part) behaves differently on each one. On one of them it behaves how I would expect - the lines are displayed and are immediately editable to key in values, add new lines, etc. On the other page, the page part lines come up non-editable. I either have to right-click and select Edit (which opens up a copy of the page in an editable window...uck) or I can right-click in the lines and select "New Line", which puts the page into editable mode (i can then add lines just by moving down and keying in data).

Just to be clear, it's just the subform/part (lines) that is behaving this way. There are other fields on the parent pages that are direct fields from the table, and they are always editable.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Comments

• Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    I never did get any responses to this posting...figured I'd try to refresh it and see if anyone can point me in the right direction.
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The two pages in which you use this list part - what is the page type of these?
    How are they invoked? are they both editable?
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Thanks for your reply Freddy. Both pages are set to PageType = Card. One is invoked directly through a menusuite link (it is a setup card in a table where there is a record for each user, so the page is opened directly from the menu and filters for a record for the current user to position itself on).

The other page is called differently, and I think you may have pointed me to the cause of the issue here but I haven't tried changing it yet. During a process to send a fax, the page is opened up modally to prompt the user for some details. LOOKUPMODE is set to true, and the "IF FORM.RUNMODAL(...) = Action::LookupOK" method is used to see if the user clicks OK on the prompt. Typically only a List form/page would be run in LOOKUPMODE, so I am guessing that this may be the cause of my non-editable issue. I haven't tried changing it yet, but will in the next day or two to see if that makes a difference. Let me know if you think it will.