Options

License and payment question

Noisy_VanNoisy_Van Member Posts: 47
We are developing our own NAV customization and had two questions regarding the sales process for our clients.

First, how is payment handled? Does the customer pay us, and then we send the 30% cut to Microsoft? I heard a reference somewhere to a form we submit each time we sell our customization, but I could not find such a form.

Second, how does the customer get a license to use our objects? (Note: Our objects are NOT in the 50000-99999 range, we have our own granules.)

Thank you in advance,
Greg

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Noisy Van wrote:
    We are developing our own NAV customization and had two questions regarding the sales process for our clients.

First, how is payment handled? Does the customer pay us, and then we send the 30% cut to Microsoft? I heard a reference somewhere to a form we submit each time we sell our customization, but I could not find such a form.

Second, how does the customer get a license to use our objects? (Note: Our objects are NOT in the 50000-99999 range, we have our own granules.)

Thank you in advance,
    Greg

I guess what you mean is a registered Add-On. When you signed the ISV agreement, everything should have been pretty clear in there.

I haven't seen one of these for a while, but the principle, is that the Client pays to their NSC for the license, and the money goes form the NSC to MS, and then you get paid.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Noisy_VanNoisy_Van Member Posts: 47
    Thanks for the quick response, David.

What we are creating is indeed called an "add-on". I'm not sure where the ISV agreement is, but we'll dig that up and see how we stand.