Options

Adjust Cost - Item Entries - error message on posting date

OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
Hi Expert,

I tried to run the Adjust Cost - Item Entries, but having message:

"Posting Date is not within your range of allowed posting dates in Item Journal Tempalte Name = '', Journal Batch Name='', Line = '0'."

I have checked that the posting date was within the allowed posting date range. Is there any other possible causes?

Please advice.

Thanks
OMM

Comments

• Options
    helmhelm Member Posts: 46
    Have you cheked both G/L Setup and User Setup? If anything is written in User Setup, that taked precedence.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can turn on the debugger to see what table is preventing you to go forward.

I'd bet your general ledger setup allow posting from is prior to the allow posting from date on the user setup.
  • Options
    darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

on "Adjust Cost- Item Entries" report request form, put current date and then run the
    batch.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • Options
    OMMOMM Member Posts: 17
    Dear All,

Thanks for the suggestion, the GL Posting Allowed Date & User Posting Allowed date are the same, i.e. 01/05/09 to 31/05/09, the Adjust Date is 27/05/09, I still hit the issue.

I found out that this is because some ILE (stock-out) posted in Jun'09 but applied to ILE (stock-in)posted in Mar or April or even earlier date, system will adjust the cost as to the entry posting date, that's why the system message prompt. This only apply to Item with FIFO or Average costing, not for Standard costing.

I changed the allowed posting date to include current date, then the issue was resolved.

Regards,

MM