Options

problem logging in on IE8

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2009-06-09 in Feedback
I'm connecting now through Firefox, because in IE8 it doesn't remember that I am logged in. I've already deleted my entire browsing history, cookies, passwords, everything. I can log in, and right after I enter login/password it says "logged in", but then when it automatically goes back to the main menu, it forgets that I am logged in, and I can also not create new posts and/or replies.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I had the same problem in IE8.

After you deleted the Browsing History (Tools -> Internet Options -> tab General -> button Delete -> select all -> button Delete), you have to delete some remaining files as well (Tools -> Internet Options -> tab General -> button Settings -> button View Files: select all files and delete them).

This fixed my issue.

There is also a link on the main forum page, to delete all board cookies: ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    It's the "remaining files" that causes the problem.

Tools->Internet Options->General Tab-> (Browsing History) Settings->View Files-> Delete what appears

Worked for me, the delete cookies link didn't help.
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback. Now people with IE8 (or previous IE versions?) know what to do.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Except for that doesn't work. I did all that, deleted everything again, went into settings, view files, nothing related to mibuso showed up, I deleted it all anyway. I went to the link, clicked on it. Still when I log in, it does not remember that I logged in.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I had the same issue today.

I deleted all the cookies and the problem got resolved.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    It's working now, rebooting did the trick for me. I had deleted all history, cookies, temp files, everything, more than once and it was still not working. Now I rebooted and it works.
  • Options
    After your previous message, I have renamed the cookie used by the forum to authenticate. Renaming the cookie makes it unneeded to clear the browser cache.

I only found that out later today :oops:
  • Options
    That's ok, it was about time I cleaned out that cache :mrgreen:
  • Options
    brewerbrewer Member Posts: 12
    Thank You Luc! I finally got IE8 to work using these methods! This has been bugging me for awhile now.

- Jim -