Options

Members List

Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
edited 2005-01-26 in Feedback
In other forums there is normally a members list. at the moment we can get into the profile of a member if we can find a post from them.

Would be nice to be able to just search the member list and maybe sortit by location.

Just an idea

Cheers

Ian

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I have removed this Memberlist feature to protect your privacy and to protect you from people who uses this list to send unwanted mails.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have removed this Memberlist feature to protect your privacy and to protect you from people who uses this list to send unwanted mails.
    =D>
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    I can understand the reason but ....

Someone can only get at our Email address if we choose to make them known in our profiles, and it is possible to access the profile of anyone that posts a message to the board, it just takes longer to track them down.

So surely the only people that are not at risk are those that have never posted, thats assuming someone knows how to get at an email addy thats been set up to not show in a profile.

Just a thought
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    I can understand the reason but ....

Someone can only get at our Email address if we choose to make them known in our profiles, and it is possible to access the profile of anyone that posts a message to the board, it just takes longer to track them down.

So surely the only people that are not at risk are those that have never posted, thats assuming someone knows how to get at an email addy thats been set up to not show in a profile.

Just a thought
    This forum never publishes the e-mail address of any member. [-(
    Every registered member has entered an e-mail address at the registration, but only the administrator can see them.

If the reason for removing the memberlist only was to protect our e-mail addresses, so this was unnecessary.
    As I can see here, the admin has disabled the possibility to send e-mails via this board. Instead of this, we (the registered members) are able to send us private Messages (which are more comfortable).
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]