Options

ERROR WHEN TRYING TO ACCESS CURRENT SESSIONS

andrew_ramptonandrew_rampton Member Posts: 8
we have NAV 4.0 SP2 and have encountered a permanent problem when trying to access current sessions under file... database.... information...

the message we get is attached

can anyone help with a solution on this one ?

thanks

andrew

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    It's a known issue that have been solved later (I guess in 4sp3).
    I think you can check Waldo's blog or partnersource to find the related KB article
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    andrew_ramptonandrew_rampton Member Posts: 8
    thankyou belias

as a novice user and new to this forum can you explain further what you mean and perhaps give me a link to the article

regards

andrew
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Hej the solution is the 4.03 upgrade pack where it is officially fixed.

The work around is below. Just a tip if you actually type in the error message in google or mibuso you find the answer pretty quickly rather then asking.

WORKAROUND

Difference of two datetime columns caused overflow at runtime
    Hi,

This error, occuring in the Sessions tab of the File Database Information window in NAV 4.00, will be solved in NAV 4.00 SP3. For the time being, you can apply the following workaround.
    In SQL Server, NAV creates a view called “Session” in the NAV database. You can modify the definition of the view as followed:
    Replace CASE WHEN SP.[cmd] = 'AWAITING COMMAND' THEN CAST(DATEDIFF(SECOND, SP.[last_batch], GETDATE()) AS BIGINT) * 1000 ELSE 0 END AS [Idle Time]
    with CASE WHEN SP.[cmd] = 'AWAITING COMMAND' THEN CAST(0 AS BIGINT) ELSE 0 END AS [Idle Time]

Every time a new NAV database is created in SQL Server, the view needs to be modified manually unless NAV 4.00 SP3 is used.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    as a novice user ...

in this case, you should contact your partner. You probably don't have the skills needed to fix this (its not just a case of knowing SQL, you need Navision knowledge as well). Playing with it in house could damage your system.

PS its odd that your partner did not inform you of this issue, since it has been known for a long time now. I would ask them what their procedures are for informing you of known bugs and fixes. Who knows what other problems your system may have.
    David Singleton