Options

NAV 2009 Webservice Not Found

NAVTechNAVTech Member Posts: 16
edited 2009-05-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi:
I have just been going through a tutorial on creating Webservices. I have exposed a Page and a CodeUnit as a Webservice using the Web Service form. However when I try to Add Web Reference using Visual C# 2005, it finds the SystemService service, but none of the two that I have created.

It does not generate any error messages, only does not find my WebServices. Does anyone know what is going on? How I can find my WebServices?

I am only new to NAV 2009 Webservices.Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    There are 3 possibilities:

1) First test using only publishing Page as a web service and then check again.
    If in this case if you are getting the services then may be, the CODEUNIT which you have published having methods with Record Variables as Parameters.

2) If after trying 1st, if you are unable to access the same then, may be you are working on different database whille Two NAV Services in Administrative Tools are refferencing other database.

3) May be you have not started the Services related to NAV in Administrative Tools.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    NAVTechNAVTech Member Posts: 16
    Hi Ravi:
    Thanks for your reply. I tried all your suggestions, but still no lucK. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and then repaired my installation of the NAV 2009 Demo CD. But no change :(

I suspect that it may have something to do with the URL I used to connect to the NAV solution. I used:
    http://localhost:7047/DynamicsNAV/ws/CR ... d/Services as adaption of the URL used in the Walkthrough of:
    http://nav-srv-01:7047/DynamicsNAV/ws/C ... d/Services. This one resulted in a proxy server error when I tried this with my PC name as the server. Something about the port not being setup for discovery.

Maybe it has something to do with the URL I have entered. I hav both the new NAV 2009 services running:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello,

In URL, Company Name and WS are case sensitive. So, please check whether it can help you or not.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com