Options

Error when importing Upgraded objects

DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
edited 2009-05-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

we are currently migrating from Navision 5.01 to Navision 6.0. While importing reports in text files from the developer's toolkit, we are getting the following error message :

ControlType must not be blank. Control Type is missing or invalid in expression.

Note that in version 5.01 those control types were not present but in version 6.0 (native database) they were present, thus when upgrading using the developer's toolkit, the control types were deleted.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Dhaneesha

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Sounds to me like you have diagnosed the problem. The error is "Control Type is missing", you have observed a process that removes this control type, so the solution is: add it back.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Although this is not on topic I'm wondering why your on native db and advising you to go to sql db
    Because Native db will disappear and you can't use the RTC.
    If costs are a concern, sql db can be available in the applied licence form
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Can you change your title into something more 'speaking'. "Microsoft Dynamics 2009" is quite generic and tells nothing about the problem in your topic.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
    The problem is i can't import the object thus can't add the missing controls back.

Do you think that if I use the reports found in the native database meaning in version 6.0 and modify them manually according to the current custom reports found in Microsoft Dynamics Nav 5.01 for my client, it will work correctly?