Options

Problem with Create Page Walkthrough

bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
edited 2009-05-20 in NAV Three Tier
I have just tried creating a page for the first time, using the walkthrough "Creating a Customer Card Page in Page Designer" in the online help. I have compiled and saved it as page object number 55000.

When I try to execute the page from the command line using "Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=55000" it launches RTC but then displays the message :

"The Object Metadata does not exist. Identification fields and values : Object Type = 'Page', Object ID = '55000'"

If I use the same command line instruction with a page number from the standard system, e.g page 21 'Customer Card', it works ok.

What might be wrong with my walkthrough page ?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you enabled the property in the database with name "Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server"? Did you tried to recompile the object?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Recompiling doesnt help I'm afraid.

Could you explain where to find that database peoperty please ?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    File-Database-Alter on same tab as collation, recovery mode etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Sorry Kamil, I have searched for the property you described.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    No that's the SQL Server database property page. You're looking for File, Database, Alter from the NAV Classic Client for SQL Server.
  • Options
    Well, hello world ! I may not be on the same page, but I am definitely reading the same book now :-D

Thank you Kamil and Daniel
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    This interests me a bit, because if this option is not already turned on in the database, then there are no entries in the Object Metadata table which means that running any page would fail. The idea of this option is simply to save on the generation steps, and storage, for Object Metadata records for the NAV Server - if you are not intending to use a NAV Server. So I am a little confused why it should have worked. But, hey, congrats!
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Dean, the problem wasnt to do with the ""Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" property. To spare you any further confusion I will confess my error ...

I had used the NAV Classic Client (native database, not the SQL one) to create the new page :oops:
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    OK, that explains it - thanks for clarifying.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    This looks like a spam message to me. In any case I will state the solution to my problem clearly.

Make sure you are using the 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic with Microsoft SQL Server' option (not the one for the 'native' database) when designing your page.