Options

How to Kill a session remotely in Navision Native Server

tajtaj Member Posts: 4
Hi All,

I have a requirement from the client to disconnect few sessions from the server to handle the licenced session efectively.

I have seen seen SessionKiller by Tarek which is for SQL version. Is there solution for Native Version?

Thanks in Advance.
Taj

Comments

• Options
    riki7riki7 Member Posts: 29
    Hi:-) I had the same question regarding Navision Database Server. Is there any tool that we could use to kill sessions without shutting down the server? Some of my clients were not turning off Navision in the right way and even though they were disconnected from Navision, the server showed that they were active. That created licence problems. Is there any other way that i can just kill those sessions, than shutting down the server?
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi Guys,

Going back into my memory there isn't a way to kill the sessions directly. I do remember something about the TIMEOUT setting for each of the sessions and that if you reduce this, then Server would drop the bad sessions.

Try searching on that topic :-k
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    tajtaj Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have found a work around for this solution. We can use a free utility called pskill which kills the process(application) remotely. We can call this from navision and kill the fin.exe of that client either using the ip address or machine name.

Thanks
    Taj
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi Taj,

Are you going to share the link with us ??

:D:D

Dean
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142