Options

Role Tailored Client & Native Database

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
edited 2009-05-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Does Role Tailored Client will work along with native database?

Thanks!
Bhushan

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As far as I know the RTC only works with SQL. I wouldn't expect the native option to be around much longer.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    matttrax wrote:
    As far as I know the RTC only works with SQL. I wouldn't expect the native option to be around much longer.

I think it'll still be around for the reason that it's very cost effective for end users. Let's not get rumors started on what will be discontinued.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, but RTC will not work on the Native. It means that Native DB will be there for a while, but you cannot use it for the new 3-tier client, only Classic client is supported on Native DB. (just to make it clear).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Alex Chow wrote:
    matttrax wrote:

I think it'll still be around for the reason that it's very cost effective for end users. Let's not get rumors started on what will be discontinued.

There is no rumors, classic is going away. Right now it's only there because of Dev environment.
    It's only cost effective because of additional sql server license, MS can always release a sql version (express) without any db size limit that only runs on Dynamics products. Native server is so history.
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV “7” 2010-2011 We will maintain the innovative RoleTailored approach. Through enhanced interoperability with Microsoft Office and SharePoint we will enable more users in an organization to be more productive. Furthermore, we will provide Software + Services by attaching Dynamics Online and make it easier for partners to consume our Web services and develop their own services. With this release, we expect to only support Microsoft SQL Server as a database platform.
    Quote from "Statement of Direction for Microsoft Dynamics NAV" released today. Found here:https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/marketing/statementofdirection/NavProdStratToolkit.htm

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    It looks like the document can be used to share with customer and prospect, but you cannot rebroadcast it. E.g. talk about it on a website?
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, I read it earlier, but wasn't clear what we could say about it.
  • Options
    bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Hi All,

Thank you very much!

Bhushan