Options

Difference between 5.0SP1 and 6.0 client?

GumlegufGumleguf Member Posts: 38
edited 2009-04-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

We have a client who wishes to runtime upgrade to 5.0SP1. A colleague suggested that we upgrade to 6.0 immediately (classic client), since there supposedly is no difference what-so-ever between the two clients. And it would make it easier for the client to start using the RTC at a later point, if they so desire.

Does anybody know something about this? Maybe a link to a Microsoft whitepaper?

Cheers,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Gumleguf wrote:
    Hi all,

We have a client who wishes to runtime upgrade to 5.0SP1. A colleague suggested that we upgrade to 6.0 immediately (classic client), since there supposedly is no difference what-so-ever between the two clients. And it would make it easier for the client to start using the RTC at a later point, if they so desire.

Does anybody know something about this? Maybe a link to a Microsoft whitepaper?

Cheers,

Greg
    I am also recommending the same thing. Best is to get the issues resolved now. The only really difference I see is the snazzy new ICON.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I should add that I am only recommending this for smaller systems. If the system is large and/or has performance issues then I would still do a full health check using the new executables before upgrading.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    GumlegufGumleguf Member Posts: 38
    Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a rather large system, but not upgrading because because of problems. Fortunately... :lol:

You wouldn't happen to have a link to a place where MicroSoft explains how 5.01 and 6.0 is pretty much the same client, would you? It'd be nice to have as documentation.

/Greg