Options

NAVISION ATTAIN 3.70 Slow on connect DB in Windows XP

roger4a45roger4a45 Member Posts: 6
Hi!

We have a Navision ATTAIN 3.70 over SQL 2000. We have many clients on Windows XP. Recently we buy a new HP (P/N: PE145T). I only have Windows XP SP2 + Office 2000 + Navision Attain. When I open Navision all is OK. When I open a enterprise Navision takes abount 1 minute to show main menu. If I use my handbook Compaq nx9000 over XP it takes only 15 sconds to make same operation. Any idea?

Comments

• Options
    mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    Are you using a wireless connection?
  • Options
    mb@btlmb@btl Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I ´ve got the same prob. On default installation of Server 3.7 it takes to much memory for the cache (depending of the MemorySize of your machine).
    To resize the cache take a look at regedit:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services. There must be a service for your database (remember the name you gave). The REG_DWORD "cache" shows the value for it. Put it down (I Set it at 200MB for ~30 users) and test the performance.
    Don´t forget to stop und restart the service after your settings ...

Greetings from germany!
    \:D/
  • Options
    mstallmann wrote:
    Are you using a wireless connection?

No, 100MB LAN CAT5E. No wireless... I changed NIC and I use another one (3COM 905B). Same results. If I use that handwook or another computer I have no problem. It's not this computer. It's this kind of computer (Part Number PE145T). I test everything. I changed RAM, Changed NIC, I reinstall Windows XP...
  • Options
    mb@btl wrote:
    Hi,

I ´ve got the same prob. On default installation of Server 3.7 it takes to much memory for the cache (depending of the MemorySize of your machine).
    To resize the cache take a look at regedit:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services. There must be a service for your database (remember the name you gave). The REG_DWORD "cache" shows the value for it. Put it down (I Set it at 200MB for ~30 users) and test the performance.
    Don´t forget to stop und restart the service after your settings ...

Greetings from germany!
    \:D/

I supose you mean SQL 2000 Service. Do you mena that? I don't know if it's this problem. If it's a cache problem i will have problems with all my clients. Not with that kind of coputers. Even I create a copy of our enterprise and I put DATA in one disk and Transaction logs to another one. Same results :( I don't undestand it... I change NIC, I change RAM, I install Windows XP + NAVISION (only this one)...