Options

NAS/CG 3.70 executables with 2.65 database structure in SQL?

SyncwaveSyncwave Member Posts: 4
edited 2005-01-11 in Navision e-Commerce
We were using the 2.65c version of NAS, CG and Navision Server with BizTalk 2002 for EDI. It all worked fairly well together. Under the advice of our NSC I recently moved the 2.65 database to SQL Server so we could better access the underlying data, but we moved to using all 3.70 executables. The new 3.7 finslq.exe client seems to work ok with the 2.65 database structure in SQL, but NAS and CG no longer work at all.

The message is "The database on the server cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision. The database has already been converted by a newer program version."

Our NSC then sent us an updated NAS and we reinstalled the whole thing. The message now is "The database on the server must be converted before you can use it with this version of Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision."

Has anyone tried to do this before and has anyone gotten NAS 3.7 to work with a 2.65 SQL database?

Comments

• Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    It sounds like the version of NAS and Finsql.exe are different. I would suggest you get your NSC to get you the latest version of both. Remove the NAs and reinstall it and remove and reinstall the client. Once everything is on the same version you should be ok.

I haven't tried it with a 2.65 database but I have seen similar when upgrade early V3 systems.

regards

Ian