Options

DEV II MOC...100% useful?

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
hi everyone, i've been developing in nav for 2 years, and i think to know quite good (at least i think so :mrgreen: ) the dev environment...so I will go for dev I & II certifications.
ok, dev I will be a joke, i think, so I simply read the entire manual in 5 days or so (and i learned something more, too :D )
now i began to study dev II moc and after a pair of chapters, it seems to be just an entire example project, with not much developement contents...it explains some useful standard functions in standard codeunits, but will these be asked at the exam?I mean, will I find questions like "what does initseries function do?"?and the 4 options.
I know they are useful, so I will study the functions that I don't know...but i think there's no point in memorizing all these functions...I can always reread the code if I know that a function exists...
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    It's bee a long time since I took the exam. :D

But some colleagues that passed it now said that it's not changed much.
    There aren't any questions of such type. But it has a lot of questions based on examples provided.

Anyone else remembers such a question?
  • Options
    remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    Hi, Belias

I passed both of these exames several months ago. A lot of question in Dev_II is like ones from Dev_I. But there are ones (I think 30% or so) based on implementation methodology, deployment, data conversion from legasy systems, internal mechanism of posting routine (role of different codeunits, dimension flow during posting) and the like. Many question of this type were based on example customization project (it was something like video rental business project). So I think studying of Dev_II Training course with its example project would be useful.

Good luck!

Best regards
  • Options
    Ok, thanks (btw, my moc dev II is based on a "seminar management" project :shock: ).
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    just cleared dev II with 97% score...in my opinion it is easier than dev I (where i scored 86%) :-s
    my thought...dev II manual is 20% useful...if you are just a bit experienced in deployment and imports...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Belias wrote:
    just cleared dev II with 97% score...in my opinion it is easier than dev I (where i scored 86%) :-s
    my thought...dev II manual is 20% useful...if you are just a bit experienced in deployment and imports...

Congrats!
    I had similar experience - dev II seems to be easier than dev I (and quite a lot of questions are from dev I).
  • Options
    thanks!also there is a question asked twice,too... :-$
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Congratulations, Belias!
    Belias wrote:
    there is a question asked twice,too... :-$
    Yes, I noticed too. And that seems a bit strange and a bit funny. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eddietlineddietlin Member Posts: 8
    I think those are the trick questions!! Only with ONE word difference... I remember that was about CurReport skip and break type...
  • Options
    no, i checked them three times after i finished the exam...they were exactly the same...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    no, i checked them three times after i finished the exam...they were exactly the same...

Yes, I can confirm also. They were absolutely similar. :shock: