Options

Web Services

MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
edited 2009-04-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I have couple of questions related to NAV 2009 Web Services Functionality.

1) When we check Mark "Published" Field in Form 810 "Web Services", what does system really do? Does it create .asmx file and store in in the Default WebSite Folder? or what does it really do?
2) Can any body explain me about how does the Security works? Let's say i have a Web Service for Customer (Page21), My Web Application is consuming the Web Service, what kind of credentials do i need to pass from My Web Application?
3) How many concurrent sessions one web service can support? Let's say i have a Web Service for "Sales Order" and "Web Application" is consuming my Web Servce and Creating the Sales Orders. What do i need to do to Support 100 Concurrent Web Users? What do i need to do to support 1000 Concurrent Web Users?

Please give me some guidenace..

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Nothing like this, the Service Tier will extend the WSDL by definition of this function and will react on incoming request for it by running he Business Logic from the selected object. No .asmx or something like that on disk...

2) If you want to use NAV WS, you need to us it under some credentials. The application can use credentials of current windows user or some other. It is on the application. NAV WS will take these credentials and use them like when the user is connecting through RTC.

3) You need to buy correct number of DCO licenses or use External Connector if the users are from outside. And of course, you will need system with appropriate performance to be able to cover these request in time...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    deepaknavdeepaknav Member Posts: 18
    Hi All,

Can anybody provide some more details on licencing?

Thanks,
    Deepak.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    If the users are non-employees you can use the "external connector" which allows unlimited users. If they are employees then each must have a DCO license. You must also have an appropriate SQL client access license for each user.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.