Options

questions about business analytics requirements

nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
hi

i'm having a hard time understanding how business analytics work. i've got a customer who will have about 70 concurrent users on Navision. we are planning to get him on Navision native database as it would be cheaper and easier to maintain.

can i run business analytics using Navision native database or is it compulsory to use sql server.

could i use navision native database and then buy one or two licenses to use sql server only to run business analytics?

i'm looking for the cheapest combination, while having at the same time an acceptable performance.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    As far as i know, MBA works only with sql database. When you install it the installer will perform some procedures such as data transformation services, those procedures are only compatible with sql database.
    For your second question, i think it should be okay.
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    DEDEDEDE Member Posts: 15
    Business Analytics for MBS-Navision 4.0 will work for both SQL Server and Native Database Server installations of MBS-Navision 4.0. For Native databases, Microsoft Navision ODBC is required in order to extract data from Navision.

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS Analysis Services 2000 are required for BA. With regards to licensing, a SQL Server seat is required per user that is to use BA. Therefore, if all 70 Navision users will also need to use BA, you will need a 70 seat SQL Server license - or more realistically, a SQL Server processor license...