Options

Integrating Another Application into a Part for the RTC

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
edited 2009-03-13 in NAV Three Tier
It's easy to expose NAV data using a web service to other applications.

What I want to do is show data from another application in a NAV part via the RTC. As I'm still learning all of the new technology I'm wondering what the best way to go about it would be.

Am I still forced to create a NAV table, suck data in, and display it? Or is there a way to do something similar to a System part like with Outlook. Just curious as to what other people have done.

Comments

• Options
    TronholmTronholm Member Posts: 22
    I would also like to see such a feature (in SP1??).
    My company develops a Hotel Add-on which needs to display graphical data which is not possible to do inside RTC. We have written an external application that pulls data via web services and is launched from a NAV page, but it would be much nicer to have it inside the RTC window.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    :-#
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems like NAV can be integrated with other applications but it is just as difficult, if not harder, to integrate other applications with NAV. :-k
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I will bee second :-#
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    I don't think there is any doubt that this is the directíon in which we are heading.
    The new RTC makes this possible in a very "Plug and Play" managed way and we will see that in the future.

I cannot promise any dates - but I can say that pieces of this was shown on the customer general session @ Convergence US this week.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Thanks Freddy for that info... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jfrjfr Member Posts: 17
    just have a look at what SAP does with the new BI-parts (BusinessObjects-Parts) in business by design.
    that's a kind of integration we should be able to implement in the RTC, too.
  • Options
    As long as we know it is coming that's fine. Just don't want to develop something that Microsoft is already building, or develop something that will be much easier in only a few months. Still waiting on the Statement of Direction on Partnersource :wink: