Options

Navision overview and essentials test questions

grezljgrezlj Member Posts: 2
Could someone send me actual questions for navision overviev and essentials test? Thanks :idea:

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    I thought that these exams are not longer valid...

Have you scheduled an exam or you are thinking about it?

If you haven't scheduled anything, call your examination center to ask them about the existance of essentials and overview exam.
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hi Arhontis,
    I thought that these exams are not longer valid...

Is those means that they won't give any questions regarding Essential and Overview topic in C/Al Programming or Solution Dev Exam? :whistle:
    This is helpful :D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
    Jem,Mandatory SPA Exams for Navision:

Microsoft Navision Development
    Microsoft Navision Financial Series

essensial and overview is no longer valid.
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    But for Navision development, I think we have to learn Essential and Overview...
    I saw at
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... g_prep.htm
    Exam Preparation Tools
    In addition to your hands-on experience working with the product, we highly recommend using the following tools and training to help you prepare for this exam:

Navision Overview (Training Manual)
    Navision Essentials (Courseware/Training Manual/Foundation Library*)
    Navision Programming (Training Manual)

then we still have to read them.... :)
  • Options
    mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    You no longer have to take it...the manual is good for preperation, but that's it. I recieved an email from our rep 2 months ago...if you are unsure about the validity of our statements, then I would check with your MS rep. I really would not take it now that it is not a requirement. It is an easy test and basically a waste of $125.

Mike
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    And you should keep in mind that (good) Navision developer is not just the one that is experienced in programming and knows most of functions C/AL offers, but very little about how to setup and daily run Navision.

The better the developer wants to be, the more he should know a about business processes, accounting and other specific areas (trade, SCM, WM, etc.) in order to be able to support this areas with customizations or even writing a new application areas.

Or how do you expect a developer to change the posting routine, if he doesn’t know how Posting Groups work... And this is what Overview and Essentials gives you. And experience...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    Of course, someone should study the essentials before the programming course, but the test is so easy and lame that it is rediculous to spend $125 and an afternoon to take it. That is all I was saying. I got certified in Financials and Manufacturing as well as Development and Programming. Those tests are worthwile...While I did take the Essentials test, I found it too easy for the money. One would only hae to browse through the material in order to pass it.

Again, I would recomend studying the material for the essentials test, but would not advise taking it.

Mike