Options

Employee Portal ..How To

sanjeev_baranwalsanjeev_baranwal Member Posts: 101
edited 2009-03-04 in Navision e-Commerce
I have installed Employee Portal and the Sharepoint services etc. But please tell me what is the role of the NEP_User that has to be setup in NAS. Also Do I have to use the Sharepoint server. I have created some entries in Navision->Employee Portal area. Now how can I see it on a web page. The settings in Navision will be used for creating the web page but I dont know from where that page is created. I havn't worked on Sharepoint server before???

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than it is time to read the documentation. See install CD folder DOC, file w1w1ep.pdf.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me when the control 'NEP Queuehandler' gets installed in the system. I am not able to compile CodeUnit 6810 for this automation type. It is showing as unknown variable.
  • Options
    It is part of the client installation (you need to select to install NEP components...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Can anyone tell me when the control 'NEP Queuehandler' gets installed in the system. I am not able to compile CodeUnit 6810 for this automation type. It is showing as unknown variable.

have you installed nav client with EP option on that machine? I think it comes with it...
  • Options
    Yes I installed the EP even then I am not able to compile the CU. I have installed it again after reading your replies directly from additional interfaces column after removing it.
  • Options
    Yes I installed the EP even then I am not able to compile the CU. I have installed it again after reading your replies directly from additional interfaces column after removing it.

It is not about EP Client or server from Additional interfaces, but about common Nav client, with custom installation, with check mark for NEP components...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    kine wrote:

It is not about EP Client or server from Additional interfaces, but about common Nav client, with custom installation, with check mark for NEP components...

Yup... that's it.

sanjeev, run a client installation again, choose "Change" option and on component list choose to include Employee Portal component for install.

After that, you'll have appropriate controls and you'll be able to compile that codeunit.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    If you follow the steps in the installation manual IN THE SAME ORDER AS THEY ARE WRITTEN then you should be fine. If you get to a roadblock in one of the steps resolve that roadblock before you move to the next step. The installation is very sensitive, and you will see issues if you don't follow the exact order.

In other words: read the whole installation manual before you touch the installation disc. Then follow the steps one by one. Don't try to do things a little differently, even when you think that will not cause a problem.
  • Options
    Thanks All.
    I went back and installed the Client again with EP and the problem solved.
  • Options
    Could you add the [SOLVED] prefix into the subject of this thread? Thanks... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks all. My problem is solved now
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi all,
    I am facing the same problem in Modifying the shared document.
    First before modifying shared document, the EVEVT VIEWER is showing me the desc as follows :

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( WIN2K3R2EE-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV WIN2K3R2EE-CLASSIC started with the following configuration:
    Database Server Name = WIN2K3R2EE
    Database =
    Company = Paradigm Inc - TESTING
    Startup Parameter = NEP-1

When I am going to modify it, it's showing me the event description:

Event ID 10131
    Cannot retrieve site information.

and in site it is showing me the error 10114 with the message as reply received from Back End System (Time Out).

Can anybody help me?
    Please.

Thanks in advance.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello all,

My problem has been solved.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar