Options

reports in 2009 RT Client

genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
edited 2009-06-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello
I'm curios why MS kept the same object and did not create a new object type for reports. They could actually use reporting Services service and run the business logic through either web service or to the the service tier. They could write a transformation tool that would translate the reports to new object type. Now we are stuck with a halfway solution, that I am guessing will be changed again in future and we will have to upgrade to go through some transformation again.

Comments

• Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    From my point of view you should look at the benefits the RDLC reports give you in NAV 2009. And if you can use some if the new capabilities you should consider upgrade/transform this report. If you don't use any of the new capabilities I would run the Classic Report from RoleTailored client.
    Your feedback regarding NAV reporting design is very much appreciated. I like to ensure you that the developer team is looking into these issues.
    Going forward I will do what is in my power to make the upgrade path as painless as possible for you guys.
    Also I’m creating a Reporting discussion forum about the future direction of Reporting in NAV. I would be more than happy to get input from you guys, so if you are interested in participating in this forum please write an private message to me. Please include Full name, Company, and E-mail and I will get back to you.

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    can anybody join the group? Is there a NDA involved?
  • Options
    backridersbackriders Member Posts: 1
    clausl wrote:
    From my point of view you should look at the benefits the RDLC reports give you in NAV 2009. And if you can use some if the new capabilities you should consider upgrade/transform this report. If you don't use any of the new capabilities I would run the Classic Report from RoleTailored client.
    Your feedback regarding NAV reporting design is very much appreciated. I like to ensure you that the developer team is looking into these issues.
    Going forward I will do what is in my power to make the upgrade path as painless as possible for you guys.
    Also I’m creating a Reporting discussion forum about the future direction of Reporting in NAV. I would be more than happy to get input from you guys, so if you are interested in participating in this forum please write an private message to me. Please include Full name, Company, and E-mail and I will get back to you.

Regards,
    Claus

Hi,

I couldnot able to run the Classic Report from RTC can anyone help me out. I am getting "The <severName> cannot be found" error.

Please help me out.