Options

Delopment Quest.-Modification for Production BOM No. used

Mindi@iigMindi@iig Member Posts: 6
I was considering a modification that would affect which Production BOM was used when a Production Order was created. Maybe just something as simple as allowing the user to setup a Production BOM No. per Varient Code.

I just need to know how many places this will affect. How many code units or reports make calculations based on the Production BOM No. assigned to the Item record?

Now with 4.0 there are even more planning option but I haven't been able to determine if means there would be even more changes that would need to be made.

Have any of you already made a modification in this area and already know this answer?

Thanks,

Mindi

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There's a codeunit called something like 'Version management' that navision uses to determine which version to use. If you make your change there, it should cover most instances. Other than that you'll just have to run the where used of the version code field.
  • Options
    emkproemkpro Member Posts: 47
    "There's a codeunit called something like 'Version management' that navision uses to determine which version to use. If you make your change there, it should cover most instances. Other than that you'll just have to run the where used of the version code field."

Is There a where used field/Function/code unit in Navision ????
    //EMK\\
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Item Card/Item Button/Manufacturing/Where Used
  • Options
    emkproemkpro Member Posts: 47
    Oh :? I was hoping it was a field relation identifing tool
    //EMK\\
  • Options
    ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    there are about 10 objects that use getbomversion function of versionmanagement codeunit.

If you want to use variant code based production BOM, you must setup BOM versions that will be used by one or more variant of item. In thias point, a table with columns itemno, variantcode,promBOmno,versioncode can help you.
    1. If you use requistion worksheets, you have to edit the source code requisition table(onvalidate trigger of Prod. Bom No. field). On there, you must fill manually the bom version code field by using the table you created or the version code directly.
    2. If you dont use requisition worksheet and you will create prod. orders manually, you have to change the source code of prod. order line table.

this solution can help, but it is not the exact solution. If you have production BOMs that is more than one level, you come up with another problem. the answers i mentioned above can deal with one level production bom. for the exact solution, you musn't use variant code for the items that are in 2. or 3. level of production BOMs.

additionally, you have to comment some lines of some codeunits like Inventory Profile Offsetting... just follow the code when you click the "calculate net change" function in planning worksheet.

PS: write error('asas') to the function getbomversion of versionmanagemant codeunit. this can help you.