Options

Terminal Server Requirements

mpmp Member Posts: 20
Could someone answer to my questions reg terminal server. I have the general information from the microsoft site. I would love to hear feedback from Navision users.

1) Will Navision run on Terminal Server/Citrix - Which is the best solution for about 20 users where 5 users will be on always all the time and 15 users as and when need arises (minimal usage).
2) Minimal and optimal hardware requirements for Terminal Server (CPU speed,RAM,OS,RAID level,Hard Disk, Cache etc)
3) Any other key points before implementation.

regards
MP

Comments

• Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    I've got clients on both. Main differences seem to be better printing in Citrix and the ability to transfer files from a client. I haven't yet found a way of transferring files from a TS client onto the terminal services server.

My one client has three sites all running TS. A 64 Kb line seems to be able to support up to 20 users without any significant degradation. (Only mouse movements and keystrokes get transmitted). Another uses TS to manage hundreds of users country wide, including Navision users. (This one is three tier - client; TS server and SQL server).

Having TS makes admin dead easy as you only have to install the client on the TS server, although you need to have the right user file structure so that the zup file is saved correctly. There are a couple of technical issues which seem to have a bearing on the reliability of the client display, but these are not very significant.

As with any server, use the biggest elastic band you can afford, most memory, fast discs, etc. Definitely recommended.
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    You could take a look at:
    http://www.workthin.com

Not navision info but it will provide you with Citrix and TS info.
  • Options
    mpmp Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the informative post guys.

regards
    MP