Options

Requisition worksheet

harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
Hi there,

I have been playing around with the automated generation of stock replenishment in Navision and I can not get it to work like I (the customer) wants it to work. I 've tried all the replenishment types (lot, max, reorder point, etc.). It will not give me any action messages until I've keyed in a sales order.

Is there any good documentation about replishment setup in Navision.

The customer wants to set it up to monitor the stock of an item and if stock drops below a certain point, they want to replenish until a specific stock value. So for example.

Item A
- No stock available
- No out standing orders
- Reorder point 150
- Stock level to reach 250

=> should give an advice of 250 units.

Item B
- 100 on stock
- orders to full fill 250
- Reorder point 150
- Stock level to maintain 250

=> should give an advice of 400 units

Any suggestions on which reordering policy to use and how to fill the different values?

Any suggestions on good documentation about the replenishment system of Navision (other then the Trade manual 3.70...).

Thanks... :?:
CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
Prins Hendrikplein 14
2518 JC DEN HAAG
The Netherlands
http://www.cane.nl

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

I posted this subject some time ago... and no replies until now... I Found some other posts on the forum that also addressed this issue... but they did not give a solution either... I can not believe that Navision is not able to replenish stock based on things like a reorder point or minimum stock.. .and that it will only be triggered by a sales order...

Anybody that has more information on the subject... please take the time to post a reply...

Thanks... #-o :-k
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands
  • Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    Well, if you have filled up reorder point etc in the item card, you should try to use requisition worksheet, click function -> calculate plan. Navision should give an advice on replenishment.
    Hope this help :)
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi all,

The calculate plan goes thru report 699 and calls the codeunit 99000854 Inventory Profile Offsetting.

I had a brief look at the codeunit and it is very complicated.

At first the Reordering Policy of an item must be <> ''.

In the code there is a check about "Location Mandatory" in the inventory setup. If it is checked then the item must have an SKU.

I created an item with no SKU, Reordering Policy=Maximum Qty., Safety Stock Quantity=250, and stock=0. There are no orders for this item.

Then in unchecked the Location mandatory in the inventory setup and executed the calculate plan for that item without entering a location.

The plan produced me a line with an order of 250 pcs.

In case there isn't an SKU for the item the codeunit creates a temporary SKU and if you specify a Location on the Calculate plan, it filters the SKUs that it created with that location. For some reason, that I don't know about, the created SKU has no location and the:
      IF TempSKU.FIND('-') THEN ...

in the PlanItem function results 0 records, and the item is ignored. That is why I didn't enter a location in the Calculate Plan request form. If you have developer's license, try placing a breakpoint at that point and execute the calculate plan for an item and see if it enters the repeat loop that is below.

Hoped I helped a bit...

Try it and post the results...
  • Options
    Hi Arhontis,

Thanks forthe info... yes, we got replenishment lines after we changed the check mark that an location is required. But still the lot size was not used to determine the number if items to order.... now (purchase) order lines were being generated using no location and bincode so it is of no use to our client. But we now know where the problem is situated. So thanks for your help.
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands