XMLPort Webservice Problem

jodjod Member Posts: 4
edited 2009-02-09 in NAV Three Tier
I am having some problems using webservices with an XMLPort from withing Visual Studio (2005 and 2008). When the web reference is added to the project the following warning is displayed :
Schema validation warning: Schema item 'element' named 'GetMyCustomers_Result' from namespace 'urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/codeunit/GetMyStuff' is invalid. Namespace 'urn:microsoft-dynamics-nav/xmlports/mycustomers' is not available to be referenced in this schema.
I am have tried this using the the xmlports/codeunits from Freddy Kristiansen's GetMyStuff gadget and the proxy class is created with the event handlers for GetMyCustomers/GetMyVendors/GetMyItems but the function calls are not available.
I have tried creating the proxy class directly using wsdl.exe from 3 different versions of visual studio and get the same result each time - has anybody got any ideas on how to get this to work?

John O'Donovan

Answers

• jodjod Member Posts: 4
    I figured this out. The build warning is just a warning - the cunction call is visible when an instance of the proxy class has been created.